I'm Claire - the Founder of DKST! I am a lawyer, with a passion for human rights, and in particular the rights of women. I started DKST as I was tired of the outdated beliefs and stereotypes surrounding what it means to be a woman, and that in 2021 there are still so many women struggling for equality and basic human rights. Through my brand I want to create a global movement of women who empower others, stand up for gender equality and who are redefining what it means to be a woman.
- DKST is a female-founded, ethical brand on a mission to inspire a movement for female empowerment and gender equality.
- Not your average basics, our collection of elevated essentials are designed with longevity and versatility in mind.
- Statement tees and accessories with meaning serve as an important reminder that you’re a strong woman with the ability to create change and move mountains.
- We don’t believe in fast fashion, so when you invest in one of our quality pieces, you’re choosing to support a more sustainable fashion industry.
When you choose one of our pieces, you’re choosing to be part of the solution by making a statement and supporting the incredible work of UN Women Australia, to whom we donate $5 from every sale.
What's In a Name?
/ˌdiːk(ə)nˈstrʌkt Atelier. - To Deconstruct (adj) is to take apart or examine (something) in order to reveal the basis or composition often with the intention of exposing biases, flaws, or inconsistencies .
Our brand is all about deconstructing the outdated beliefs of what it means to be a woman.
- Create simple, bold and easy-to-wear pieces that compliment your lifestyle
- Design versatile pieces that can be styled up or down, whatever your mood
- Ensure our pieces are of the highest quality and last for many years
- Achieve a plastic-free supply chain and source items that are part of the Better Cotton Initiative
- Commit to minimising our impact on this beautiful planet, and consider the environment when making decisions across all facets of our business
- Work with stakeholders and suppliers who share our commitment to sustainability
- Make a difference through philanthropic endeavours
- Promote positive female empowerment and activism
- Raise awareness of social issues faced by women
- Celebrate revolutionary women and ensure their stories are told.
As a brand that is dedicated to the empowerment and elevation of women, we are proud to support UN Women Australia. We are donating $5 from the sale of every Tee to this amazing cause.
UN Women Australia exists to raise funds for and awareness of UN Women’s work to end violence against women, promote economic empowerment, advance women in leadership, and ensure women’s participation in peace processes to accelerate gender equality worldwide.
UN Women is the United Nations agency for women’s empowerment and gender equality, delivering programs and transforming policy to enable a brighter future for women and girls in more than 100 countries worldwide.